S-Corp medical insurance premiums deduction for its owners

Updated: May 13, 2020

Question: I am the 100% owner of a S-Corporation. Can I deduct medical insurance premium through the corporation? I purchased the insurance under my name and paid myself.

Answer: If you are over 2% shareholder of the S Corp, you can deduct the medical insurance premium paid or reimbursed through the S Corp on your personal tax return above the line. This can include accidental, medical, dental, and qualified long-term care insurance. The policy can be either in the name of the S corporation or shareholder. However, i